SpareBank 1 SMN aims to contribute to society’s value creation through responsible banking operations that instil public confidence in the bank.
Corporate Social Responsibility
SpareBank 1 SMN reports annually about our responsibilities and sustainability efforts based on the guidelines of the international reporting organization Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Principles for sustainability
The UN Global Compact's ten principles for sustainability provide important guidelines for SpareBank 1 SMN.
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; andPrinciple 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.